As we come to the end of 2018, I spent much of the day today cleaning, getting ready to put away the rest of the holiday decorations tomorrow, so that we start 2019 with a clean house.
While cleaning, I reflected on the past year, and thought of some of the best moments of the year (in no particular order) — there are so many more I could add:
- More Than I Can Say being published.
- My first, and more, book talks — and having family join me in them.
- Signing a publishing contract on Of Grief, Garlic and Gratitude.
- Harvesting honey for the first time.
- Seeing our new winter squash patch thrive.
- Watching our youngest move into his first apartment.
- Seeing my mom get back her movement after her accident last year.
- Seeing our grandchildren grow and thrive.
- The rainbow at Tumble Down.
- Going to Indiana to see family.
While I will always spend far too much time focusing on what I didn’t do, or what I should have done, I also recognize and rejoice in the time spent with family and friends this year.
What were your best moments in 2018?